Friday, February 12, 2010

Reflecting on Week 3

It seems that one cannot escape the topic of audience. Not only were this week's reading based on the concept but it was also the point of discussion for my teaching lesson this week. Obviously it has staying power and is important to consider.

I am particularly intruigued by the idea of different types of audience, the discourse community, and the digital space as a forum for oppression. I hope to someone utilize these ideas in my final project-though I am uncertain as to how I will do that at the moment.

Next week's readings are focused on argument. I am curious to see if the topics of audience and argument will merge in the readings. It would be interesting to think about the different types of arguments for different audiences. I would also like to explore the idea of argument in regards to the discourse community.

No comments:

Post a Comment