Reflecting on Visual Arguments in the Public Sphere
Saturday, April 24, 2010
First Version-Let's try this agin
Here is my Prezi. I hope this link works. If you press the link "Twitter/Facebook Activism" at the bottom of this blog it will take you to full screen version.
In response to your question on ning, I think it makes sense to maybe "ground" your analysis of the campaign in their website (although maybe that's just because I feel like I don't have enough information about who they are, what they do, how and why social media helps them do their work, who participates, etc.).
So I guess in my suggestion to use the site, that's the "primary" representation of themselves and their work, and fb and twitter would be "secondary," although I have no idea if that's how it all actually operates for them.
I think you raise some good questions here, but I don't think I have enough context to understand the answers that you include, or their implications.
I love that you include images and examples from their twitter feed, though -- I'd love to see the same for fb and more explanation about the images and text.
The only wonky thing in the presentation order, for me, is in those twitter and fb screenshots that have text on three sides, and it goes from top to left side (away from where the arrow is pointing) and then all the way to the right side. (Unless going away from the arrow signifies something that I'm not getting -- ? It's definitely possible.)
Anyway, thanks for doing all that work to get your Prezi posted for us. I do look forward to seeing where you take this project!
Hey Lindsay,
ReplyDeleteI tried to look at your Prezi, but when I pasted that link into my browser, it took me to the Prezi login page... help?
Hi, Lindsey -- I had the same problem as Kristi...and didn't have "permission" to view your prezi once I logged in.
ReplyDeleteWell, shoot. Let me try and figure this out.
ReplyDeleteHurray -- it's here!
ReplyDeleteIn response to your question on ning, I think it makes sense to maybe "ground" your analysis of the campaign in their website (although maybe that's just because I feel like I don't have enough information about who they are, what they do, how and why social media helps them do their work, who participates, etc.).
So I guess in my suggestion to use the site, that's the "primary" representation of themselves and their work, and fb and twitter would be "secondary," although I have no idea if that's how it all actually operates for them.
I think you raise some good questions here, but I don't think I have enough context to understand the answers that you include, or their implications.
I love that you include images and examples from their twitter feed, though -- I'd love to see the same for fb and more explanation about the images and text.
The only wonky thing in the presentation order, for me, is in those twitter and fb screenshots that have text on three sides, and it goes from top to left side (away from where the arrow is pointing) and then all the way to the right side. (Unless going away from the arrow signifies something that I'm not getting -- ? It's definitely possible.)
Anyway, thanks for doing all that work to get your Prezi posted for us. I do look forward to seeing where you take this project!